We need you! Join in the movement to engage in changing the narrative for youth of color in E Portland.
– Our cohort of mentors for the 2018-2019 school year is closed but we are always accepting applications for the next year! If you are interested in mentoring, we are looking for mentors willing to commit to volunteer 6-8 hours per month with a k-12 student for at least the 2019-2020 school year in the David Douglas/Reynolds district areas
– Tutors willing to help as needed with students
-Field trip lunch hosts: Pack snacks & sack lunches for approx 20 students & mentors for one of our field trips
Minimum Requirements for Mentor
- Must be at least 18 years or older and have completed high school or GED equivalent
- Mentor Interview completed
- Background Check Completed & Passed (may be required to complete HOLLA & school background check)
- Reference Check passed
- Volunteer Mentor Application Submitted
- Mentor Agreement Signed
- Attend Culturally Responsive Mentor Training
- Must be able to commit to at least one year of mentoring
Want to find out more?
Contact us to find out about upcoming informational sessions or to schedule an informational interview.
Ready to join in as a mentor? Follow these steps:
- Complete a Mentor Application
- Complete an informational placement interview & successfully pass a background check
- Attend culturally responsive mentor training session – August 2019 date TBD